Share this stuff
There are couple of vitamins that have the same number of medical advantages as vitamin C. Serving as both a fundamental supplement and great cell reinforcement, vitamin C can have huge effect on your well-being. Truth be told, vitamin C enhances everything from skin health to immune function and everything in the middle. By joining a couple of servings of vitamin C in your daily meal,it nourishes and exploit all the medical advantages that this water-soluble vitamin brings to the table.
So let’s take a closer look on how to maximize the Vitamin C in your daily routine. And as to how much Vitamin C should we take each day.
“When you cook them, you strip the food of some of its vital nutrients. Cooking especially affects water soluble vitamins, such as vitamin C….”
Vitamin C, also known as L-ascorbic acid, is a water-soluble vitamin that is naturally present in some foods, added to others, and available as a dietary supplement. Vitamin C is required for the biosynthesis of collagen, L-carnitine, and certain neurotransmitters; vitamin C is also involved in protein metabolism. Due to its function as an antioxidant and its role in immune function, vitamin C has been promoted as a means to help prevent and/or treat numerous health conditions
Fruits and vegetables are the best sources of vitamin C. A lack of this Vitamin will have a weak immune system, causing bruising, gum problem that will result in bleeding, feeling of fatigue and scurvy. As vitamin C deficiency progresses, collagen synthesis becomes impaired and connective tissues become weakened, causing petechiae, ecchymoses, purpura, joint pain, poor wound healing, hyperkeratosis, and corkscrew hairs.
Here are some of the tips on 4 Easy ways to get more vitamin according to Live Science by Deborah Enos.
“Keep a bowl of vitamin-C rich fruit in the house for snaking. A grapefruit, orange, mango or kiwifruit for breakfast is not a bad idea.”
Eat your fruits and veggies raw whenever possible. When you cook them, you strip the food of some of its vital nutrients. Cooking especially affects water soluble vitamins, such as vitamin C.
- Keep a bowl of vitamin-C rich fruit in the house for snaking. A grapefruit for breakfast is not a bad idea. You may also consider eating more oranges, mangos and kiwifruit.
- Have a light lunch with a side of crudité. Raw broccoli and red peppers are extremely high in this powerful antioxidant.
- Eat more fermented vegetables. One serving of kimchi (a traditional Korean recipe made of fermented cabbage) provides about half of your recommended daily value of vitamin C.
- Sauerkraut is also a good option; just be sure to buy it in the refrigerated section. In addition to vitamin C and other vitamins, kimchi and sauerkraut also contain gut-strengthening probiotics.
Top 20 list of day to day food staples, which can be a good source of vitamin C.
- Black Currant — 1 cup: 203 milligrams (338 percent DV)
- Red Pepper — 1 cup: 190 milligrams (317 percent DV)
- Kiwifruit — 1 cup: 164 milligrams (273 percent DV)
- Guava — 1 fruit: 126 milligrams (209 percent DV)
- Green Bell Pepper — 1 cup: 120 milligrams (200 percent DV)
- Orange — 1 large: 98 milligrams (163 percent DV)
- Strawberries — 1 cup: 89 milligrams (149 percent DV)
- Papaya — 1 cup: 87 milligrams (144 percent DV)
- Broccoli — 1 cup, raw: 81 milligrams (135 percent DV)
- Kale — 1 cup, raw: 80 milligrams (134 percent DV)
- Parsley — 1 cup: 80 milligrams (133 percent DV)
- Pineapple — 1 cup: 79 milligrams (131 percent DV)
- Brussels Sprouts — 1/2 cup, cooked: 48 milligrams (81 percent DV)
- Cauliflower — 1 cup, raw: 46 milligrams (77 percent DV)
- Mango — 1 cup: 46 milligrams (76 percent DV)
- Lemon — 1 fruit: 45 milligrams (74 percent DV)
- Grapefruit — 1/2 fruit: 38 milligrams (64 percent DV)
- Honeydew — 1 cup: 32 milligrams (53 percent DV)
- Peas — 1 cup, cooked: 23 milligrams (38 percent DV)
Dr. Axe ; “Dr. Axe – Natural Remedies – Nutrients & Supplements ” (Blog), June 10, 2018, https://draxe.com/vitamin-c-benefits/
Join us today! To keep up-to-date with the latest in nutrition and find an amazing job while your at it.